Rich Chocolate Pudding to Share
Serving Size / Yield
- cup Packed Brown Sugar
- ⅓ cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 2 Squares (1 Ounce Each) Semi -sweet Chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 3 Tbsp Cornstarch
- ⅛ tsp Ground Cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp Salt
- 2 cups Reduced Fat Chocolate Milk, divided
- 1-1-/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 C. pecans, for garnish
In a medium saucepan, combine the brown sugar, cocoa powder, chopped chocolate, cornstarch, cinnamon, and salt. Place on stove over medium heat and whisk in 1 cup of the chocolate milk. Cook and stir until chocolate melts.
Gradually stir in the remaining 1 cup of chocolate milk. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is thick and smooth and bubbles pop on the surface, about 8-9 minutes. Remove pan from heat and stir in vanilla.
Pour mixture into serving dishes and immediately place a piece of plastic wrap directly touching the surface of the pudding. Cool slightly, then refrigerate until cold, or overnight. Top with pecans for garnish.