Ricotta Pasta with Raisins and Peas
- 10 to 12 oz. rotini or cavatappi
- 2 C. frozen green peas, thawed
- 1 1/2 Tbs. nonhydrogenated margarine
- one 15-oz. container part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 C. low-fat milk, rice milk, or soy milk
- 3/4 C. dark raisins
- salt to taste
Cook pasta until al dente. Just before draining, add peas to pot and simmer for a few seconds. Drain pasta and pea mixture, then toss with margarine in a separate container.
Combine ricotta and milk in a mixing bowl. Stir until smooth, then add pasta and stir together until pasta is evenly coated. Stir in raisins, season with salt, and serve.