Ricotta Pasta with Veggies
- 1 lb. penne pasta
- 2 C. ricotta cheese
- 2 Tbs. unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1/2 C. Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 C. frozen green peas
- a handful fresh parsley leaves
- 20 fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1 C. halved grape tomatoes
- coarse salt
- coarse black pepper
Cook pasta until al dente and drain.
Place ricotta, butter, and Parmesan in a large bowl. Heat a small skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil and onions and cook for 5 minutes, then add peas and parsley and cook for 2 minutes. Turn off heat.
Add pasta to bowl with cheese mix. Toss to melt butter and evenly coat pasta with cheese, then season with salt and pepper. Top with peas, basil, and tomatoes. Toss and serve.