Serving Size / Yield
- 1 tsp. currants
- 1/2 tsp. Marsala or dry sherry
- 1 lg. firm, ripe Bartlett or Anjou pear, cut in half and cored
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 Tbs. part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 Tbs. fat-free cream cheese
- 1/8 tsp. sugar substitute
- 1 tsp. graham cracker crumbs
Place currants and Marsala in a cup and set aside.
Cut a thin slice from the bottom of each pear half so that it will sit upright on a plate. Rub halves with lemon juice and place on dessert plates.
In a small bowl, combine ricotta, cream cheese and sugar substitute. Stir in wine and currants,and mix well. Divide cheese mixture between the pear halves, mounding in the hollow of the core. Sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs and serve at once.