- 3 coffee scoops brown rice
- 1 zucchini, cubed
- 1/4 C. baby carrots, sliced or shredded carrots
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 3 C. cold water
- 1/4 - 1/2 can black beans
- 4 Tbs. balsamic vinegar
- 3 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 3 grinds black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- juice from half an orange
- zest from whole orange
- pinch oregano
Combine dressing ingredients, adding oil last. Mix and let sit.
Rinse rice with hot water and let sit in water about 5 minutes. Drain and add cold water to pot and cook rice and bouillon for about 25 minutes. Add zucchini and carrots. Once rice is cooked, drain well.
Rinse beans and add to rice. Add dressing and garlic, mix well and let sit about 5 minutes so the flavors meld.
Serve warm, room temperature or cold.