Serving Size / Yield
- 3 1/2 C. vegetable broth
- 2 tsp. olive or vegetable oil
- 1 med. onion, chopped (1/2 C.)
- 1 sm. carrot, cut into julienne strips
- 1 C. uncooked Arborio or medium-grain white rice
- 1 C. broccoli florets
- 1 C. frozen sweet peas
- 1 sm. zucchini, cut into julienne strips
- 2 Tbs. grated Parmesan cheese
In 2-quart saucepan, heat broth over medium heat. Meanwhile, in 3-quart nonstick saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and carrot; cook, stirring frequently, until crisp-tender. Stir in rice. Cook, stirring frequently, until rice begins to brown. Reduce heat to medium. Pour 1/2 cup of the hot broth over rice mixture. Cook uncovered, stirring frequently, until broth is absorbed. Continue cooking 15 to 20 minutes, adding broth 1/2 cup at a time and stirring frequently, until rice is almost tender and mixture is creamy. Add broccoli, peas and zucchini with last addition of broth. Sprinkle with cheese.
Need more help?
Chef Todd Mohr of WebCookingClasses.com shares his tips on making risotto. Want to learn more? Click here for a 14 day free trial from WebCookingClasses.com!