Roast Holiday Turkey by Bravo's Top Chef Richard Blais
Serving Size / Yield
- 1 8-10 lb. turkey
- 1 gal. chicken stock
- 1 gal. ice water
- 1 1/4 C. sea salt
- 1/4 C. poultry seasoning
- 1/2 C. sugar
- Marinade for Basting:
- 3 C. Dannon Oikos plain Greek nonfat yogurt
- 2 C. lemon curd
- 1/2 C. dried oregano
- 1/4 C. sage, chopped
- 1/4 C. rosemary, minced
Preparing the turkey:
- Heat the salt, sugar, and spices to dissolve the salt and sugar.
- Chill this and add the ice water. Submerge your bird in this brine overnight or for at least 6 hours. Remove the bird and rinse under cold water.
- To brine a turkey: use a large brining bag, a tall cooking pot, or even a clean plastic bucket, depending on the size of your turkey.
Roasting the turkey:
- Mix all ingredients. Place the bird on a rack, season with white pepper and cook at 400 degrees to start browning the bird. After an hour, turn heat to 275 degrees.
- Collect the drippings and mix with the lemon curd, Dannon Oikos plain Greek nonfat yogurt and herbs. Brush this on the bird, really lather the tur-key up and finish roasting for 3-4 hours depending on the size of the bird.
- When the bird is finished, glaze the bird with some of the remaining marinade, or alternatively save it for dipping and leftovers!
For more recipes visit the Dannon Oikos site.
Around The Web