Roasted Red Pepper with Chicken, Peas, Yellow Squash & Basil over Fettuccine
Serving Size / Yield
- 10 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breast (or 8 oz. cooked)
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil, divided
- 7 oz. roughly chopped roasted red pepper*
- 2 tsp. finely chopped garlic
- 3/4 C. grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 2 tsp. sriracha sauce
- 2 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 8 oz. fettuccine (can sub for whole-wheat)
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 C. sliced onion
- 2 C. yellow squash, sliced 1/4 inch pieces
- 2/3 C. peas
- 1/2 C. roughly chopped basil
- 1 Tbs. additional basil, for garnish plus additional for garnish
Preheat oven to 400ºF. Place chicken on a baking tray and sprinkle with salt and pepper and brush with 1 tsp. of vegetable oil. Bake until cooked through, about 15 minutes depending on thickness. Allow to cool, then chop into bite-sized pieces. Reserve.
To make the pesto, place the red pepper, garlic, Parmigiano and sriracha in the bowl of a food processor. With the blade running, drizzle in the olive oil until a fairly smooth sauce forms. Taste and adjust seasoning if desired. Reserve.
Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil. Cook the fettuccine according to package directions. Drain and reserve.
Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the remaining 2 tsp. of vegetable oil and sauté the onion and yellow squash until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add the peas, reserved chicken and roasted red pepper sauce. Stir together then toss with the fettuccine and basil. Divide between 4 bowls and sprinkle with additional basil.
Find this recipe and more like it at pastafits.org!
Per serving: 513 calories, 17 g total fat, 4 g saturated fat, 61 g carbohydrate, 31 g protein, 7 g dietary fiber, 590mg sodium.