Rotini with Eggplant, Tomatoes and Ricotta Cheese
Serving Size / Yield
- one 10-oz. globe eggplant, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes.
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 oz. dry rotini pasta
- 1/2 C. fat-free ricotta cheese
- 2 sm. fresh ripe plum tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 C. chopped fresh basil
- ground pepper to taste
- 2 Tbs. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. olive oil
Place eggplant in a microwave-safe covered dish with 2 tablespoons water. Cook on High 3 minutes. Check for doneness. Stir and cook an additional minute if necessary. Drain well. Gently stir in the garlic and set aside.
Cook the pasta in a nonstick pot of boiling water for 10 minutes, following package instructions. Drain well and return to pot. Fold in ricotta cheese, tomatoes, basil, pepper, Parmesan cheese, olive oil and reserved eggplant. Serve immediately.