Salmon and Red Cabbage
Serving Size / Yield
- 4 fresh or frozen skinless salmon fillets, 5 ounces
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp kosher or sea salt or 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup prepared basil pesto
- 6 cups coarsely shredded red cabbage
- 2 green onions, bias-sliced
Thaw frozen salmon.
Start by placing the salmon on an oiled, unheated rack of broiler pan.
Spread balsamic vinegar over the salmon and lightly season with salt and pepper.
Broil salmon for 4 to 6 minutes. Make sure to keep the fish about 5 inches from the heat.
Salmon should be flaky.
In a bowl, whisk together pesto and vinegar.
Take out 2 tbs of the mixture.
Add in cabbage and coat with the mixture.
Serve on a plate with cabbage and salmon on top.
Drizzle remaining mixture over everything and sprinkle with onion slices.