Salted Nut Bars
Serving Size / Yield
- 1 1/2 C. all-purpose flour
- 3/4 C. packed brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 C. butter or margarine, softened
- 2 C. salted mixed nuts or peanuts
- 1 C. butterscotch-flavored chips
- 1/2 C. light corn syrup
- 2 Tbs. butter or margarine
Heat oven to 350 degrees. In medium bowl, mix flour, brown sugar and salt. Cut in 1/2 cup butter, using pastry blender, until evenly mixed.
In bottom of ungreased 13 X 9-inch pan, press dough evenly. Bake 15 minutes; cool slightly.
Cut up any large nuts. Sprinkle nuts evenly over crust. In 1-quart saucepan, heat remaining ingredients over low heat, stirring occasionally, just until chips are melted. Drizzle butterscotch mixture evenly over nuts. Bake 5 minutes. For bars, cut into 8 rows by 4 rows while warm for easiest cutting.