Salted Whiskey Caramels
Serving Size / Yield
- 5 Tbs. butter
- 1 C. whipping cream
- 1/4 C. honey-flavored whiskey
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 1/2 C. sugar
- 1/4 C. light corn syrup
- 1/4 C. water
- 1 Tbs. coarse sea salt
- Line 9-inch square pan with parchment paper; spray with cooking spray.
- In 1-quart saucepan, heat butter, whipping cream, whiskey, vanilla and salt to boiling, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; set aside.
- In 3-quart saucepan, mix sugar, corn syrup and water. Heat to boiling over medium-high heat. DO NOT STIR.
- Boil until sugar turns a light golden amber color and candy thermometer reads 310°F.
- When sugar mixture reaches 310°F, add cream mixture. Beating with whisk, cook until thermometer reads 248°F.
- Pour caramel into pan; cool 10 minutes. Sprinkle with sea salt; cool completely.
- Cut into squares; wrap individually in parchment paper.
Recipe courtesy of Pillsbury
Around The Web