Satisfying Orange Cheesecake Recipe
- 1 pkg. pineapple cake mix
- 1/2 C. butter or margarine, melted
- 1 (4 serving) pkg. orange gelatin
- 1 C. boiling water
- 2 tsp. grated orange peel
- 2 8 oz. packages of cream cheese, softened
- 1 C. whipping cream
- 1/2 C. sour cream
- 1 11 oz. can Mandarin orange segments, drained
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. For crust, combine cake mix and melted butter in large bowl. Mix at low speed until crumbs form. Lightly press into 9 inch springform pan so crust is 1 inch up the sides. Smooth remaining crumbs on the bottom of pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Cool.
For filling, dissolve gelatin in boiling water in small saucepan. Add orange peel. Refrigerate until thickened. Beat cream cheese until smooth in large bowl. Gradually beat in thickened gelatin. Beat whipping cream until stiff in large bowl. Fold into orange cream cheese mixture. Pour into cooled crust. Refrigerate until firm, about 3 hours. Drop teaspoonfuls of sour cream around edge of cheesecake. Garnish with drained orange segments.