Sausage, Potato & Leek Skillet
Serving Size / Yield
- 2 lb Yukon Gold or Red Potatoes, quartered
- Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Cajun Seasoning
- Kosher Salt & Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 2 medium Leeks, light parts sliced thinly
- 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 2 tsp Fresh Thyme, roughly chopped & divided
- ½ tsp Fennel Seed
- 1 14oz pkg Kielbasa, Hot Dog, or Andouille Sausage, sliced small
Heat your olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the potatoes to the pan along with a half teaspoon of Cajun seasoning, salt, and pepper. Let cook for about 12 to 15 minutes or until your potatoes are browned and tender.
Add your leeks to the pan along with the garlic, fennel seed, the remaining amount of Cajun seasoning, and one teaspoon of fresh thyme. Adjust the heat to low and stir well to combine. Let cook for about five minutes or until the leeks soften and brown. Add your choice of sausage to the pan and let cook for about 10 to 15 minutes or until they are cooked through and the potatoes are tender.
Garnish with fresh thyme to serve.