Sausage Pumpkin Cornbread Stuffing
Serving Size / Yield
- 3/4 lb. sweet Italian sausage (casings removed)
- 2 jalapenos, minced (with seeds)
- 2 boxes (8 1/2-oz.) cornbread mixes, prepared and crumbled
- 1 (15-oz.) can pumpkin
- 1 (14-oz.) can chicken broth
- 1 C. dried cranberries
- 1 heaping Tbs. dried sage
Our Readers Also Loved
In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the sausage and jalapeños, breaking up the meat and cooking until it is no longer pink. Drain the fat. Add the corn bread. After the corn bread is crumbled you should have about 10 cups worth of crumbs. Fold in the pumpkin, broth, cranberries, and sage. Cook for 45 minutes in a 350-degree oven.
This can be made up to 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate. For drier stuffing, omit the broth.
From Jane Kirby, Real Simple November 2002