Savory Pot Roast
Serving Size / Yield
- 2 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 1 boneless beef bottom round roast or chuck pot roast (3 1/2-4 lbs.)
- 1 can (10 3/4 oz.) Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup (Regular or 98% Fat Free)
- 1 1/4 C. water
- 1 envelope (about 1 oz.) dry onion soup and recipe mix
- 6 med. potatoes, cut into quarters
- 6 med. carrots, cut into 2-inch pieces (about 3 C.)
- 2 Tbs. all-purpose flour
Heat the oil in a 6-qt. sauce-pot over medium-high heat. Add the beef and cook until well browned on all sides. Pour off any fat. Stir the mushroom soup, 1 C. water and soup mix in a med. bowl. Add the soup mixture to the sauce-pot and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
Add the potatoes and carrots to the sauce-pot. Cover and cook for 1 hour or until the beef is fork-tender and the vegetables are tender. Remove the beef and vegetables to a serving platter. Stir the flour and remaining water in a small bowl until the mixture is smooth. Stir the flour mixture in the sauce-pot. Cook and stir until the mixture boils and thickens. Serve the gravy with the beef and vegetables.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with steamed whole green beans with sliced almonds. For dessert serve chocolate pudding.