Savory Roasted Garlic Hummus
Serving Size / Yield
- 1 can (about 15 oz.) of chickpeas, well-drained
- 3 large cloves of garlic
- 1 Tbs.. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tbs. sesame tahini
- 3/4 tsp. salt
1) To roast the garlic, preheat oven to 400 degrees. Drizzle the garlic with olive oil and roast wrapped in foil, for about 20 minutes. Once garlic is soft, remove from oven and allow to cool.
2) In a food processor, put the softened and peeled garlic and chickpeas and grind until the mixture resembles a rough paste. While the processor is still turned on, add the lemon juice and the sesame tahini. Add the salt and puree the mixture until smooth.
3) Transfer onto a dish or bowl and serve with assorted chips, chopped veggies, sliced avocados and crackers. This hummus recipe also makes a savory spread or dressing for salads, and pairs well with grilled meats.