Savory Salmon, Leek, and Fennel Soup
Serving Size / Yield
- 3 Medium Leeks, white and light-green parts, sliced
- 1 Tbs. Olive Oil
- 3 Medium Carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 Small Fennel Bulb, trimmed and wedged
- 2 Celery Stalks, sliced
- 1 1/3 tsp. Dried Parsley
- 1/2 tsp. Ground Thyme
- 1 14.5 oz. can Vegetable Stock
- 2 tsp. Kosher Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- 1 lb. Salmon Fillet, skin removed and cubed
Clean the leeks by placing slices in a medium-sized bowl of cold water and stirring so sand sinks to bottom of bowl. Remove the leeks with a slotted spoon, drain, and set aside.
In a large saucepan, warm olive oil over medium heat. Add leeks, carrots, fennel, and celery. Cook vegetables for 5 minutes until softened. Add parsley, thyme, vegetable stock, salt, and pepper along with 5 cups of water. Bring soup to a boil. Reduce heat to low and let soup simmer for 30 minutes. Remove soup from heat. Stir in salmon, and let salmon poach for 5 minutes until cooked through. Serve immediately.