Savory Slow-Cooked Chicken Cacciatore
Serving Size / Yield
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 3 lbs. chicken parts, skin removed
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning, crushed
- 1 can (28 oz.) crushed tomatoes in puree
- 1 lb. mushrooms, cut in half (about 5 C.)
- 2 med. onions, chopped (about 2 C.)
- 1 med. green pepper, cut into 2-inch-long strips (about 1 1/2 C.)
- 1 1/2 C. Swanson® Chicken Stock
- 1/4 C. cornstarch
- 1 pkg. (16 oz.) pappardelle or fettuccine, cooked and drained
Heat the oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until well browned on all sides. Stir the garlic, Italian seasoning, tomatoes, mushrooms, onions, pepper and 1 cup stock in a 6-quart slow cooker. Add the chicken and turn to coat. Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 8 hours or until the chicken is cooked through. Remove the chicken from the cooker and keep warm. Stir the cornstarch and remaining stock in a small bowl until the mixture is smooth. Stir the cornstarch mixture in the cooker. Cover and cook on high for 10 minutes or until the mixture boils and thickens. Serve with the chicken and pappardelle.
This recipe is brought to you by Campbell's®. Make Great Meals. Get Great Smiles. It's Amazing What Soup Can Do.