Savory Southern Crockpot Meatloaf
Serving Size / Yield
- For Meatloaf:
- 1/4 C. of water
- 2 lbs. of lean ground beef
- 1/2 C. of minced onion
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 C. of minced green bell pepper
- 1 sleeve of saltine crackers, crushed fine
- 1/2 tsp. of kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. of Cajun seasoning
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/4 C. milk
- 1 T of Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 T of Kitchen Bouquet
- For the Glaze:
- 1/2 C. of ketchup
- 1 tsp. Creole mustard
- 2 T. of light brown sugar
Place the 1/4 C. of water in the bottom of a 6-quart slow cooker
Add the ground beef to a large bowl and top with the minced vegetables, crushed saltines, seasonings and egg.
Gently mix, adding milk only as needed to moisten.
Form into a loaf and place into slow cooker.
Combine the Worcestershire and Kitchen Bouquet and brush over the top of the meatloaf.
Cover and cook on low 5 to 6 hours until internal temperature reaches 160˚F.
Combine the glaze ingredients until well mixed; spread across the top of the meatloaf the last 15 minutes of cooking time.
Use a wide spatula to carefully transfer meatloaf to a platter.
Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.