Scallops and Pasta Salad
Serving Size / Yield
- 1 tsp. finely shredded orange peel
- 1/3 C. orange juice
- 1/4 C. white wine vinegar
- 2 Tbs. powdered fruit pectin
- 1 Tbs. sugar
- 6 oz. dried medium shell macaroni
- 8 oz. fresh or frozen sea scallops
- 2 C. water
- 4 C. torn fresh spinach
- 1 C. frozen peas
- 1/2 C. coarsely chopped red onion
- 1/2 C. thinly sliced celery
- 1/3 C. chopped red sweet pepper
For dressing, in a small bowl, stir together orange peel, orange juice, vinegar, pectin and sugar until smooth. Cover and chill at least 3 hours or up to 24 hours.
Cook macaroni according to directions; drain. Rinse with cold water; drain again.
Meanwhile, thaw scallops, if frozen. Cut any large scallops in half. Bring water to a boil; add scallops. Return to boiling. Simmer, uncovered, for 1 to 3 minutes or until scallops are opaque. Drain. Rinse under cold running water.
For salad, in large bowl, toss together cooked macaroni, cooked scallops, spinach, peas, onion, celery and sweet pepper. Stir dressing; pour over salad. Toss to coat.