Scrumptious General Tso's Chicken, Broccoli, & Lemon Slices
Serving Size / Yield
- For Chicken:
- 3 lbs. of boneless, skinless chicken, cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- For the Cornstarch Mixture:
- 1/4 cups of soy sauce
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup of cornstarch
- 2 cups of green onions, sliced
- For Sauce:
- 1/2 cups cornstarch
- 1/4 cups water
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of ginger, minced
- 3/4 cups of sugar
- 1/2 cups of soy sauce
- 1 can of condensed of chicken broth
- 1/4 cup of white vinegar
- For Sides:
- 1 cup of broccoli, washed and dried
- 1 lemon, sliced
In a large bowl, mix all the cornstarch mixture ingredients gradually, and stir. The texture should be thick. Then, add the chicken pieces so they marinate.
In a small bowl, mix the sauce ingredients gradually, and set aside.
Put the 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet. Cook the chicken in 350 degree heat until they become crispy. Cook 7 pieces of chicken at a time for efficiency. Once the chicken is cooked, blot the excess oil on paper towels. Repeat pattern until all the chicken is cooked.
After you clean the same skillet, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and heat to 400 degrees. Add the green onions and the sauce mixture to the skillet. Add the chicken to the combined sauce.
Serve with fresh broccoli and lemon slices as a side dish.