- 1 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 C. mayonnaise
- 2 Tbs. Dijon mustard
- 1 2 1/2 oz. pkg. thinly sliced cooked corned beef, chopped
- 2 Tbs. grated red onion
- 2 tsp. snipped fresh dill or 3/4 tsp. dill weed
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 lb. thinly sliced seedless rye bread
- Fresh dill sprigs (optional)
In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, mayonnaise and mustard. Add corned beef, onion, dill and salt; mix well. Using a 2-in. shamrock cookie cutter, cut out two shamrocks from each slice of bread. Spread tablespoonfuls of filling over half of the bread; top with remaining bread. Garnish with dill if desired.
Variation: Substitute horseradish for the mustard and garlic powder for the dill.