Shredded Beef and Hummus Wraps
Serving Size / Yield
- 1 3-lb. rump roast
- 4 lg. garlic cloves, minced
- 1 sm. red onion, halved and sliced
- 1-1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 14-oz. can fire-roasted crushed tomatoes (Muir Glen)
- 10-12 8-inch whole wheat tortillas
- 1 8-oz. container roasted garlic hummus
- 1 head green or red leaf lettuce
Place rump roast into a 5-qt. crockpot. Sprinkle garlic, onion, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes over meat. Pour tomatoes over the top, cover, and cook on low for 8-10 hours until meat is very tender and shreds easily.
Divide hummus among the tortillas, spreading evenly. Divide the lettuce among the tortillas, placing over the hummus. Take 3/4 cup of the shredded beef and place over the lettuce; fold sandwiches in half and serve hot.