Shrimp Fried Rice
Serving Size / Yield
- ½ lb Medium Shrimp, peeled, washed, deveined, sliced in half
- 1½ Tbsp Rice Wine
- 1 tsp Minced Fresh Ginger
- ½ tsp Sesame Oil
- 2 Tbsp Chicken Broth, or water
- 1½ Tbsp Rice Wine or Sake
- 1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 2 Tbsp Corn or Sunflower Oil, divided
- 2 Large Eggs, lightly beaten
- ¾ cup Minced Scallions
- 1½ cups Frozen Peas, thawed
- 5 cups Cooked White Rice
Start by placing shrimp in a bowl, add wine, ginger and oil.
Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let stand at room temperature for 20 minutes.
Combine the broth, wine, soy sauce, salt and sesame oil in a different bowl and set aside.
Heat a wok or a skillet and add 1 tablespoon of the oil.
Add the shrimp and stir-fry over high heat, until they turn pink, for about 2 minutes.
Remove from the pan with a handled strainer or a slotted spoon and drain.
Reheat the pan, 1 tablespoon of oil.
Add the eggs and stir-fry over high heat to scramble for about 3 seconds.
Add in the minced scallions and stir-fry for about another 1 minute.
Add the peas and stir-fry briefly.
Add the rice and cook for about 2-3 minutes, until heated.
Add the shrimp and the sauce mixture, toss to coat.