Shrimp With Peanuts
Serving Size / Yield
- 1/4 C Ketchup
- 2 Tbs Low sodium chicken broth
- 1 Tbs Dry sherry
- 1 Tbs Rice vinegar
- 1 Tbs Low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp Brown sugar
- 2 lg Green onions with tops
- 2 Cloves garlic
- 1 Tbs Peanut oil (or vegetable oil)
- 1/8 to 1/4 tsp Crushed red pepper
- 3/4 lb Medium or large shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 1/3 C Dry roasted peanuts
- Hot cooked Chinese egg noodles
- Cucumber fan for garnish
Combine ketchup, broth, sherry, vinegar, soy sauce, and sugar in a small bowl. Set aside.
Cut onions diagonally into 1/2 inch pieces. Mince garlic
Heat the wok over medium high heat until hot. Drizzle oil into the wok and heat 30 seconds. Add garlic and red pepper; stir fry 30 seconds.
Add shrimp to the wok; stir fry 3 to 5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and opaque. Add ketchup mixture and onions. Stir fry about 1 minute or until sauce boils and thickens.
Stir in peanuts.
Serve over hot cooked Chinese egg noodles. Garnish, if desired with cucumber fan.