Simple Chocolate Mousse Tartlets with Lemon Zest
Serving Size / Yield
- 4 small pie crusts (storebought or homemade)
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon instant coffee
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- zest of 1 1/2 lemons
Cook milk, 2/3 of the sugar, and instant coffee in a small saucepan until warmed. Sugar should be dissolved. Pour the chocolate chips into a high-powered blender with the milk and sugar. Pulse for 5 second bursts until smooth. Add the egg and blend for approximately 2 minuts on high. Pour into the small pie crusts and freeze or chill until firm.
Garnish with lemon zest prior to serving.