Simple Clam Ceviche with Citrus
Serving Size / Yield
- 1 lb. very fresh clams
- 3/4 C. lime or lemon juice
- 2 jalapenos, seeded ribbed and minced
- 1/3 lg. red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tomato, seeded and finely choppde
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
Shuck clams into a bowl along with their juice. Check for any shell pieces, and remove the clams from juice. Chop the clams into small pieces and place into serving bowl. Strain 1/3 of the clam juice on top of the clams, and throw out what remains.
Add remaining ingredients and toss well. Refrigerate for at least 9 hours prior to serving.