Simple Hash Brown Casserole Recipe
- 1 pkg. frozen shredded hash browns - (2 lbs)
- 1 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Black Pepper
- 16 oz Sour Cream
- 1 can Cream of chicken soup
- 1 stick Butter (cubed in to small pieces)
- 1/2 C. Chopped Onion
- 2 C. Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
Place potatoes in a greased 9 x 13-inch pan. Season with salt and pepper. In a bowl, add minced onions, and mix together with sour cream and cream of chicken soup. Mix with potatoes, then mix in cheese. Spread butter cubes evenly over top. Bake at 350º for 45 minutes, or until all is completely warm, and the cheese begins to melt.
* Place potatoes in pan frozen. Pan will seem pretty full, but it will cook down.