Simple Sausage Crockpot Lasagna
Serving Size / Yield
- 1 lb. bulk Italian sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 (15 oz.) cans Italian-style tomato sauce
- 2 tsp. dried basil leaves
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 C. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 15 oz. part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 C. grated Parmesan cheese
- 15 uncooked lasagna noodles
In a large skillet, cook the sausage and onion over medium heat for 6 to 8 minutes. Stir occasionally until sausage is no longer pink and drain. Stir in tomato sauce, basil, and salt. In a bowl, mix 1 C. mozzarella cheese, the ricotta, and the Parmesan cheese.
Spoon 1/4 of the sausage mixture into a crockpot and top with 5 noodles, broken into pieces to fit. Spread with 1/2 the cheese mixture and 1/4 of the meat mixture. Top with another 5 noodles, remaining cheese and 1/4 of the sausage mixture. Top with another 5 noodles and remaining sausage mixture.
Cover and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours, or until noodles are tender. Sprinkle the top of lasagna with the 1 C. mozzarella, cover and let stand about 10 minutes of until cheese is melted.