Simply Sweet and Sour Sauce
Serving Size / Yield
- 1/3 C. rice vinegar (use white vinegar if you don't have it)
- 4 Tbs. brown sugar
- 1 Tbs. ketchup
- 1 tsp. soy sauce
- 2 tsp. cornstarch (combines with 4 tsp. water)
- 2 tsp. chili flakes (if desired)
- pineapple, diced (if desired)
- 1/2 green pepper, diced (if desired)
Mix the vinegar, brown sugar, ketchup, soy sauce in a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
Add the cornstarch/water mixture and stir so it thickens. If you're adding pineapple and green pepper, add it now.
If you want a redder sauce, feel free to add red food coloring.