Sizzling Steaks with Creamy Rice Primavera
Serving Size / Yield
- Sizzling Steaks:
- 1 1/4 lb. boneless NY strip steaks
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 C. fat-free sun-dried tomato vinaigrette
- 1 pkg. brown gravy mix
- Creamy Rice Primavera:
- 2 Tbs. butter
- 2 tsp. garlic, minced
- 4 oz. fresh baby portabellas mushrooms, sliced
- 2 oz. onions, diced
- 3 oz. tomatoes, diced
- 3 oz. red bell pepper, diced
- 1 (8.8 oz.) pkg. pre-cooked white rice
- 1/2 C. Alfredo sauce
- 2 Tbs. parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 oz. fresh basil, chopped
Prep: Cut steaks into 4 portions; season with salt and pepper (wash hands)
1. Preheat grill (or grill pan). Place vinaigrette and dry gravy mix in zip-lock bag; shake to mix. Place steaks in bag; seal tightly and knead bag to coat steaks. Let stand 10 minutes to marinate.
2. Place steaks on grill and cover loosely with foil (or close lid), discarding marinade; grill 4-5 minutes on each side or until 145 degrees (for medium-rare). Serve.
Nutrition information: CALORIES (per 1/4 serving) 270kcal; FAT 7g; CHOL 60mg; SODIUM 910mg; CARB 21g; FIBER 0g; PROTEIN 28g; VIT A 2%; VIT C 2%; CALC 2%; IRON 10%
Creamy Rice Primavera:
1. Preheat large saute pan on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Place butter in pan, then add garlic and mushrooms; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until browned.
2. Stir in tomato trinity; cook and stir 4-5 minutes or until peppers are tender and onions are browned.
3. Stir in rice, Alfreo sauce, and cheese, then cover. Reduce heat to low; cook and stir 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Chop basil leaves finely (1 Tbs). Stir into rice and serve.
Nutrition information: CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 240kcal; FAT 13g; CHOL 35mg; SODIUM 300mg; CARB 26g; FIBER 2g; PROTEIN 5g; VIT A 15%; VIT C 25%; CALC 8%; IRON 4%
Find this recipe and more like it at publix.com/aprons!