Slim Potato Salad
- 3 lbs. small red new potatoes
- 2 Tbs. seasoned rice vinegar
- Salt and fresh-ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbs. plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 Tbs. reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 tsp. honey mustard
- 1 Tbs. minced fresh chives
- 1 Tbs. minced fresh tarragon
Cook potatoes in large pan of boiling water 8 to 12 minutes or just until they can easily be pierced with tip of a sharp knife. Drain. When they are cool enough to handle but still hot, cut in half and place in a large nonreactive bowl. Toss with vinegar, salt and pepper; set aside to cool. Mix yogurt, mayonnaise and mustard in a small nonreactive dish. Add to potatoes along with chives and tarragon and mix lightly. Add additional salt and pepper, if needed. Serve or chill until serving time.
Yield: 8 servings.