Slow Cooked Smothered Brisket
- 1 (3 to 4 lb.) brisket, trimmed of fat
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tbs. cracked black pepper
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and sliced into rings
- 1 onion, sliced into rings
- 1 (16 oz.) bottle Jack Daniels barbecue sauce
Place brisket in crockpot and season with garlic powder and black pepper. Top with green bell pepper and onion slices. Pour half the barbecue sauce over brisket and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours. Remove brisket from crockpot and slice or shred. Pour remaining half of barbecue sauce over all and let sit for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.