Slow Cooker Beef & Mushroom Stew
Serving Size / Yield
- 1 boneless beef bottom round roast or chuck pot roast (about 1 1/2 lbs.), cut into 1-inch pieces
- ground black pepper
- 1/4 C. all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 1 can (10 1/2 oz.) Campbell's® Condensed French Onion Soup
- 1 C. Burgundy or other dry red wine
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning, crushed
- 10 oz. mushrooms, cut in half (about 3 C.)
- 3 med. carrots, cut into 2-inch pieces (about 1 1/2 C.)
- 1 C. frozen whole sm. white onions
- 1/4 C. water
Season the beef with the black pepper. Coat the beef with 2 Tbs. flour. Heat the oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beef and cook until well browned, stirring often. Stir the beef, soup, wine, garlic, Italian seasoning, mushrooms, carrots and onions in a 3 1/2-qt. slow cooker.
Cover and cook on low for 10-11 hours or on high for 4-5 hours, or until the beef is fork-tender. Stir the remaining flour and water in a small bowl until the mixture is smooth. Stir the flour mixture in the cooker. Increase the heat to high. Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until the mixture boils and thickens.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with a mixed green salad tossed with shredded carrots, chopped tomatoes, cucumbers and balsamic vinaigrette and crusty Italian bread. For dessert serve cranberry-apple crisp topped with vanilla ice cream.