Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken Supreme
- 1 lb. chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 Tbs. cornstarch
- salt and pepper
- 15 oz. salsa (heat to your liking)
- 1 sm. can corn (optional)
- 1 tbs. dried parsley
- 1 sm. container low-fat sour cream
- 4 oz. low-fat shredded Mexican cheese (or any mix you like)
- 1 sm. can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 C. brown rice, cooked (optional)
- 2 C. mashed potatoes (whatever recipe or method your prefer)
- tortillas (optional)
Place some salsa on the bottom of the slow cooker. Add chicken. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, parsley and cornstarch. Add more salsa on top to cover chicken.
Cook on high about 3-4 hours. If you are home, stir every hour or so to coat chicken. Add corn during last 30 minutes to warm through or place on top after plating it up.
Serve on tortillas or accompanied with mashed potatoes or with brown rice. Sprinkle with shredded cheese.