Slow Cooker Pork Pot Roast
Serving Size / Yield
- 3-lb. pork boneless shoulder roast
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 tsp. fennel seed, crushed
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. celery seed
- 3 med. parsnips, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 2 med. sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 12 cloves garlic, peeled and cut in half
- 1 1/2 C. water
If pork roast comes in netting or is tied, do not remove. In small bowl, mix Italian seasoning, fennel seed, salt and celery. Pat seasoning mixture evenly onto pork.
Heat 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook pork in skillet 5 to 10 minutes, turning several times, until brown.
In 4- to 5-quart slow cooker, place parsnips, sweet potatoes and garlic, Pour water over vegetables. Place pork on vegetables.
Cover and cook on Low heat setting 9 to 10 hours.
Remove pork from cooker; place on cutting board. Remove netting or strings from pork. Cut pork across grain into slices; serve with vegetables and juices.