Slow-Cooker Turkey Meatballs
Serving Size / Yield
- For Pasta:
- 20 oz. (1.3 lb.) ground turkey breast 93% lean
- 1/4 C. whole wheat seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 C. Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 C. parsley, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- For Sauce:
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed
- 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 C. fresh chopped basil
In a large bowl, combine ground turkey, breadcrumbs, egg, parsley, garlic and cheese.
Using clean hands, mix all the ingredients and form small meatballs.
In a small sauté pan, heat olive oil over medium heat.
Add garlic and sauté until golden.
Pour crushed tomatoes into the crockpot with bay leaf.
Add garlic and oil.
Drop meatballs into the sauce, cover and set crock pot to LOW and cook 4 to 6 hours.
When meatballs are ready, adjust salt and pepper to taste and add fresh chopped basil.
Serve with ricotta, over pasta, or enjoy with French bread.