Smoked Salmon and Asparagus Quiche
- 1 1/2 C. Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. onion salt
- 1/2 C. vegetable oil
- 2 Tbs. milk
- 1 pkg. (3 1/2 to 4 1/2 oz.) smoked salmon, flaked
- 1 pkg. (10 ounces) frozen asparagus cuts, thawed and drained
- 1 C. shredded Havarti cheese or Monterey Jack cheese (4 oz.)
- 3 eggs
- 1 C. whipping (heavy) cream
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh dill weed or 1 tsp. dried dill weed
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
Heat oven to 425 degrees. Mix flour, sugar and onion salt in medium bowl. Beat oil and milk in measuring C. with fork until creamy. Pour oil mixture over flour mixture; stir until dough forms.
Pat dough on bottom and side of ungreased pie plate, 9x1 1/4 inches, or quiche dish, 9x1 1/2 inches. Sprinkle salmon over crust. Cut off bottom one-third of each asparagus spear; reserve top spear portions. Chop asparagus ends; sprinkle over salmon. Sprinkle cheese evenly over asparagus.
Beat eggs, whipping cream, dill weed, salt and pepper in medium bowl with wire whisk. Slowly pour egg mixture over quiche ingredients. Arrange reserved asparagus in spoke fashion on top of quiche.
Bake 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees. Bake 40 to 45 minutes longer or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. If necessary, cover edge of crust with strips of aluminum foil after 10 to 15 minutes of baking to prevent excessive browning. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.