Smoky Salmon and Pesto Fettuccine
Serving Size / Yield
- 12 oz. Fresh Spinach, chopped
- 2 Large Garlic Cloves
- 1/4 C. Pine Nuts
- 1/4 C. + 1 Tbs. Olive Oil, divided
- 3/4 C. Reduced-Fat Parmesan Style Grated Topping
- 1/2 Medium Lemon, for juice
- 1 1/4 tsp. Kosher Salt, plus additional to taste
- 1/4 tsp. Ground Black Pepper, plus additional to taste
- 8 oz. Fettuccine, cooked and drained
- 1 1/4 lb. Salmon Fillet
- 1 tsp. Smoked Paprika
Place into a food processor spinach, garlic, pine nuts, 2 Tbs. of olive oil, and grated parmesan, and puree the mixture, stopping to scrape down the sides of the container as necessary. Gradually add all but 1 Tbs. of the remaining olive oil to moisten. Squeeze in the lemon juice. Season with 1 tsp. of Kosher salt and a dash of pepper to taste, then pulse one more time. Toss pesto sauce with fettuccine.
Season salmon with 1/4 tsp. of salt, 1/4 tsp. of pepper, and paprika. Warm the remaining tablespoon of olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add salmon and sear for 2 to 4 minutes per side until the center of the fillet is opaque. Place salmon atop fettuccine and serve.