40 min preparation + 12 min cooking
Serving Size / Yield
- 1/2 C. butter (1 stick), softened
- 1/2 C. granulated sugar
- 1/3 C. brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/2 C. flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. cream of tartar
- 2 Tbs. granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Mix together the butter and sugars with an electric mixer on high speed. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking soda, and cream of tartar.
- Combine the dry and wet ingredients and mix well.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees while the dough chills for 30 to 60 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Combine the sugar with the cinnamon for the topping.
- Take about 2 1/2 tablespoons of the dough and roll it into a ball.
- Roll this dough in the cinnamon/sugar mixture and place onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Repeat for the remaining cookies.
- Bake the cookies for 12 to 14 minutes.
Around The Web