15 min preparation + 20 min cooking
Serving Size / Yield
- For the cupcakes:
- 1 1/2 C. all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 C. cake flour
- 1 Tbs. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbs. ground cinnamon
- 1 C. (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 3/4 C. sugar
- 4 lg. eggs, room temperature
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 C. whole milk
- For the icing:
- 12 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 C. unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 lb. powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 Tbs. brown sugar
- 1/2 Tbs. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 28 muffin tins with paper liners.
- Sift together both flours, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Mix together butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until each is incorporated.
- Beat in vanilla. Add the flour mixture in three parts, alternating with additions of milk, beating until combined after each addition.
- Divide batter among lined cups, filling each 3/4 full.
- Bake about 20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into the center of one of the cupcakes comes out clean. Cool completely before icing.
- To make the frosting: Blend cream cheese and butter. Add sugars, vanilla and ground cinnamon. Spread onto cooled cupcakes.
Around The Web