Southern Beef Short Ribs
- 4 lb. beef short ribs
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1/4 C. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 C. firmly packed brown sugar
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger
- 1 tsp. fresh ground pepper
- 2 sm. dried hot chili peppers, seeded & crushed
- 1/3 C. oil packed sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 C. balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp. liquid smoke
- 1 1/2 C. ketchup
- Juice and zest of one lemon
Coat a 6-qt. crock pot with a non-stick cooking spray. Arrange ribs in the bottom of the pot and then cover with the sliced onions.
In a medium bowl combine remaining ingredients. Mix well until sugar has dissolved. Pour mixture over the ribs. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours until tender.
Note: The sauce is great spooned over the ribs. To thicken the sauce, just mix together 2 teaspoons water with 2 teaspoons cornstarch. Add to the left over sauce and stir until slightly thick.