Southern Cube Steaks
- 4 (4 oz.) cube steaks
- 1/2 tsp. cajun seasoning, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (12 fluid oz..) can or bottle lemon-lime carbonated soda
- 2 (10.75 oz..) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (1 oz..) envelope dry onion soup mix
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish. Season the steaks on both sides with Cajun seasoning and black pepper. Place the steaks into the prepared baking dish. Pour the lemon- lime beverage over them. Combine the cream of mushroom soup and dry onion soup mix, and pour over the steaks. Bake, uncovered, for about 1 hour, or until meat reaches desired doneness. Do not open the oven door during the first hour of cooking. Serve steaks with gravy spooned over.