Southern Tomato Pie
- 1 9-inch deep dish pie shell
- 5 lg. tomatoes, peeled, sliced to about ½" thick
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 3/4 C. grated cheddar cheese
- 3/4 C. grated mozzarella cheese
- 3 tsp. dried, or 3 T. fresh chopped basil
- 1 C. chopped onion
- 6 strips cooked bacon
- garlic powder to taste
- 1 tsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 C. Hellman's Real Mayonnaise (Do not substitute. It HAS to be Hellman's.)
Bake pie shell for 10 minutes at 375 degrees. Layer tomatoes in shell and sprinkle with salt, pepper, basil, garlic powder, and parsley.
Mix together mayonnaise, cheese and onions. Spread mixture over tomatoes in pie shell. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes until brown and bubbly. Crumble bacon on top. Allow to stand 5 minutes before serving.