Spaghetti Squash With Vegetables & Mozzarella
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 large can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 3-5 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp. basil
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1 C grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 C. grated Parmesan cheese
Cook spaghetti squash by your favorite method and remove flesh. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Heat olive oil in a skillet and add the onion, pepper and garlic. Sauté over medium heat for about 5 minutes. Add crushed tomatoes, basil, and crushed red pepper (if using). Simmer uncovered for about 15 minutes. Mix squash well with the cooked vegetables and put half in the bottom of a large (13 x 9 inch) baking dish. Top with half the cheeses, followed by the other half of the squash mixture, then the rest of the cheeses. Bake for 30 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and slightly browned. Let cool 10-15 minutes before serving.
Serves 6-8 People.