Sparkling Orange Cocktail
Serving Size / Yield
- 1 whole orange, for cocktail
- 1 bottle sparkling wine, chilled
- 1/2 C. fresh orange, squeezed
- 1/2 C. vodka
- 1 C. sugar
- 2 oranges, seedless for syrup
1) Slice the seedless oranges using a sharp knife. These pieces are then placed in a saucepan and tossed with sugar then left for five minutes.
2) Orange juice and vodka are then added to the saucepan. This should be covered and let to cook for about fifteen minutes. The orange slices should turn translucent and the liquid syrupy.
3) Use a fine sieve to strain the syrup into some wide bowl. The solids should then be discarded after pressing and extracting the liquid. Refrigerate this until it is chilled.
4) Meanwhile continue with making the cocktail from the whole orange. Use a vegetable peeler to remove strips of the orange zest. Twist the strips and place neatly to a champagne glass then add some sparkling wine as you stir before it is served.