Sparkling Peach Cocktail
Serving Size / Yield
- 1 bottle sparkling wine, chilled
- 1/2 C. fresh fruit juice
- 1/2 C. vodka
- 1 C. sugar
- 2 peaches, for syrup
1) Slice the peaches using a sharp knife. These pieces are then placed in a saucepan and tossed with sugar then left for five minutes.
2) Fruit juice and vodka are then added to the saucepan. This should be covered and let to cook for about fifteen minutes. The peach slices should turn translucent and the liquid syrupy.
3) Use a fine sieve to strain the syrup into some wide bowl. The solids should then be discarded after pressing and extracting the liquid. Refrigerate this until it is chilled.
4) To serve, add sparkling wine to the syrup.
(photo cred: http://www.cookinglight.com/food/top-rated-recipes/five-star-cocktails)