Sparkling Pom Margarita
Serving Size / Yield
- For the Grenadine Syrup:
- 2 C. pomegranate juice; fresh or bottled.
- 2 C. natural cane sugar
- 5″ strip of orange zest
- For the Sparkling Pom Margarita:
- Salt and sugar to rim the glass; mixed in equal portions
- 2 oz. silver tequila
- 1 oz. Citronge, Cointreau or Gran Marnier
- 3/4 oz. fresh lime juice
- 1/2 oz. homemade grenadine
- Sparkling white wine
- Orange or Lime slices for garnish
To Prepare the Syrup:
1. Combine the juice, sugar and orange zest in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
2. Simmer at a low boil for approximately 5 minutes until the mixture become a thicker, syrupy consistency.
3. Remove from heat and chill before preparing cocktail.
To Make the Cocktail:
1. Chill two wine, margarita or martini glasses. Rim the edge of each glass with a slice of orange or lime and dip into the salt/sugar mixture.
2. Combine the tequila, orange liqueur, lime juice, and grenadine in a shaker with ice and shake vigorously.
3. Strain into the iced and salted glasses, and top with 2 oz of sparkling wine.
4. Garnish with an orange or a lime slice.