Spicy Chicken and Rice With Sautéed Vegetables
Serving Size / Yield
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 onion, chopped
- ½ green pepper, chopped
- ½ red pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 can petite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 small can diced green chilis
- 2 C unsalted chicken broth
- 1 C brown rice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 C grated Cheddar or Parmesan cheese
- ¼ C chopped parsley
Saute peppers, onions, and garlic for 3 minutes on medium-high.
Add ground chicken and cook about 10 minutes on medium.
Add broth, rice, tomatoes, green chilis, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer 20-30 minutes.
Remove and Serve.